Thursday 15 July 2010

In Which there is a lot of Laughter

So, the Frome Festival is currently taking place - it's now in its 10th year, and would, I think, best be described as a general arts festival - it tends to have a variety of events which can include classical music, jazz, art exhibitions, local interest, comedy and books.

I have been to one or two events in the past, but often find that the things I am interested in are either sold out almost immediately, or are mid-week while I'm at work.

This year, however, I managed to get a ticket to see "Paul Merton's Impro Chums" at the Memorial Theatre, on Tuesday evening.

It was great fun! Paul Merton was appearing with 4 other comedians - Richard Vranch, Suki Webster, Andy Smart and Phil (whose second name I unfortunately didn't catch). As the name suggests, it was an evening of improvisation, with different sketches and games incorporating suggestions from the audience. If you've ever watched the TV show "Whose Line is it Anyway?" you will get the general idea.

I admit that it added to the amusement for me, to have one of my suggestions taken up :-)

Excellent evening, and a great opportunity to see performers whoaren't usually to be found in small rural towns!

No comments: