Saturday 20 November 2010

Fly-By Blog

It's been a busy week - I've been in court, and in meetings and haven't had a lot of time to do anything more entertaining.

However, this weekend will be fun.

Last night, my friends J & J arrived for the weekend - I hadn't done quite as much as I'd hoped to in sorting out the heaps of books and other bits of clutter before they arrived, but the place is clean, and the company of friends and the presence of good wine cure all ills!

I had roasted some pumpkin before they arrived, and had planned to make a risotto: it ended up being cooked by committee, and was lovely - and we had a relaxed evening with much rambling conversation. We worked out that we haven't seen each other since about April, which is WAY too long.

We have tickets to see 'Spamalot' tonight, and will be eating out before the show, but other than that have no fixed plans for the day. It's looking rather grey & damp outside right now, so it may end up mostly sitting around and talking.

It's good to know that I don't have to entertain them, that just hanging out together is fine with all of us.

1 comment:

spacedlaw said...

The best sort of guests!