Sunday 12 August 2012

Being a Girl

Life can be odd. Yesterday, I paid actual, real money; enough to have bought a paperback book and have enough left over for some beer, to have someone pull out some of my hairs by the roots.

And then spent some more cash on some make up, which it turns out comes really expensive. I don't normally wear make up, partly because I don't have the hand-eye coordination before I have my morning coffee, and and I don't have the time afterwards, and partly because I have very sensitive skin, and it gets old having to throw stuff out a quarter of the way through the tube because I've started to react to it.

Anyway, I think I have now finished all of my shopping and preparation for this bridesmaid gig. Which is just as well, as I have no more time. 2 days more of work then I'm off to Devon to help set stuff up.

Meanwhile, last night I went for a walk at about 11.30 p.m. to see whether I could see any of the Perseids, but when I got far enough from the house to be out of the glare from the street lights it became clear that there was a lot of low cloud, so I couldn't see any perseids - or indeed any stars at all. I'm hoping that maybe later in the week (when I'm down in Devon, with a lot less light pollution) I might get another chance.

How's everyone else's weekend been?

No comments: