Friday 7 October 2016

The Threepenny Opera # 2

I saw the National Theatre's production of 'The Threepenny Opera'  with friends back in June, and enjoyed it so much that I decided to book to see it again.

The run ended on Saturday and I booked for the matinee, the penultimate performance.I was again able to get one of the £15 Travelex tickets,  near the centre of the very front row.



It meant that I had a very different view from the first time, but the show was just as much fun (although not the company, obviously. The company last time was great!)


Close to the Action
It was fun to see things from a different angle - harder to see the big picture, but easier to pick out the little details.  And seeing Rory Kinnear being scary up close was a lot of fun! 

Empty Stage after the show was over

I hope that it is shown again at the cinema, as  NTLive encore. I'd like to see it some more!

It's over know, so you can't see it live, but if you get the chance to see it in the cinema, go. You'll thank me.

No comments: