Thursday 1 December 2016

I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue

If you are familiar with  'I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue' you'll understand why I was so excited when I found they were going to be recording in Bath, on 27th November.

If you aren't familiar with it, I recommend that you go  here and listen to an episode or two, then pop back.

I've been fortunate enough to go to  previous recording, and to the touring show,  so I know I was in for a treat!


Chairman Jack Dee (and producer John Naismith)

And I wasn't disappointed. It was great fun! The Theatre Royal was completely sold out, with people also standing.

The evening starting with the producer, John Naismith,explaining the ground rules (including 'no-one can hear you smile on the radio, so do laugh' and 'if you're not sure whether something is supposed t be funny - give us the benefit of the doubt')

Jeremy Hardy and Barry Cryer
There were then a selection of all the usual games, from 'one song to the tune of another' (Barry Cryer singing 'I am an anarchist, I am an Antichrist, to the the of 'A You're Adoreable' was particuarly moving) to sound charades, and of course, Mornington Crescent!

We actually got tohear two complete recordings, which will be broadcast on 12th and 19th December, with the second episode being repeated on Christmas Day


Miles Jupp and Tim Brooke-Taylor (with Colin Sell at the piano)
It was an enourmous amount of fun!

No comments: